Are You Tired Of Having To Physically Go To The Income Tax Office Every Year To File Your Returns? The Good News Is That Income Tax Returns (ITR) Can Now Be Filed Online!
According To Section 139 (1) Of India, If Your Total Income For The Previous Year Exceeded The Tax Exemption Threshold, You Are Required To File Your ITR.
E-filing Is The Most Straightforward And Convenient Method For Doing This. You May Complete The Process From The Convenience Of Your Home Or Office With Just A Few Clicks.
But What If You Are Unsure About How To File Your Own Taxes?
Not To Worry! You Can Seek Professional Assistance Or Register On The Website Of The Income Tax Department To File Your Taxes On Your Own. It’s That Simple!
Remember That The Annual Deadline For E-Filing Income Tax Forms Is July 31st.
However, If You Miss The Deadline, The Government May Allow You An Additional 15 To 30 Days To Submit The Forms Online Or In Person.
- How To File ITR Online: These E-Filing Options Will Make Your Tax Filing Easier?
- Income Tax 101: Who Are Required To File ITR Online?
- Documents Required To File ITR Online PDF
- General Rules For Filing ITR Online
- How To File Income Tax Return Online Step By Step Pdf
- Details Of Due Date To File ITR Online
- Details To Check File ITR Status
- Details Of Penalty For Late Filing ITR Online
- Details Of Benefits For Filing ITR Online
How To File ITR Online: These E-Filing Options Will Make Your Tax Filing Easier?
- Digital Signature Certificate Makes It Easy To E-File Your Tax Returns (DSC)
- Chartered Accountants Must File IT Forms With DSC.
- ITR V Form Can Be Used Instead Of DSC, But It Needs To Be Printed, Signed, And Sent To CPC Bangalore Within 120 Days Of Filing Electronically.
- Using An E Return Intermediary (ERI), Taxpayers Can Choose To E-File Their IT Returns With Or Without A DSC.
- This Gives Taxpayers More Convenience And Freedom To E-File Their Returns Without A DSC.
Income Tax 101: Who Are Required To File ITR Online?
- -Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) With A Total Income Of Rs. 5 Lakhs Or More
- -Individuals/HUFs With Assets Outside Of India
- -Assessees Required To File Returns Under ITR 7 (Section 139(4B))
- -Assessees Obligated To Provide Notice To Assessing Officer Under Section 11(2)(A)
- -Individuals Claiming Relief Or Deductions Under Sections 90 Or 90A
- -Residents With Signing Authority Over Foreign Accounts
- -Every Business Entity
- -Assessees Required To Provide Audit Reports As Per Sections 10(23C)(IV), 10(23C)(v), 10(23C)(VI), 10(23C)(via), 10A, 12A (1) (b), 44AB, 80IA, 80IB, 80IC, 80ID, 80JJAA, 80LA, 92E, or 115JB
- -Association Of Persons (AOPs), Body Of Individuals (BOIs), Local Authorities (ITR 5), Artificial Juridical Persons, Or Cooperative Societies Not Covered Under Section 44AB.
Documents Required To File ITR Online PDF
|General Details||Bank details, PAN|
|Salary Reporting||Rent receipts, pay receipts, Form 16|
|House Property Income||Address proof, co-owner details, PAN, date of construction/purchase, home loan interest certificate|
|Capital Gains||Stock trading statement, capital gains, sale price, registration details, mutual fund statements, equity fund purchase details|
|Reporting Income||Interest income, interest proof from tax-saving bonds, corporate bonds|
General Rules For Filing ITR Online
- Use Aadhaar To File Your Income Tax Return Without A PAN
- Present Your Aadhaar Card When Applying For A New PAN
- Taxpayers Will Be Assigned A PAN After UIDAI Obtains Demographic Data
- New Rule Implemented By The Government Of India To Improve Tax Compliance And Simplify Tax Payment Process
- Currently, PAN Is Required When Filing Taxes
- Linking Aadhaar And PAN Is Now Necessary To File Taxes
How To File Income Tax Return Online Step By Step Pdf
There Are A Few Things You Must Do Before You Begin Filing Your ITR. Follow The Steps Stated Below To E-File Your ITR On The Revised Portal.
|1||Determine your income tax liability using the Income Tax Rules|
|2||Review your Form 26AS for a summary of your TDS payments|
|3||Determine your eligibility for the Income Tax Department (ITD)|
|4||Visit the income tax department’s e-filing site|
|5||If a first-time user, click “Register”|
|6||If previously registered, click “Login”|
|7||Determine which group you belong to (individual, HUF, etc.)|
|8||Select the appropriate ITR Form|
|9||Enter or pre-validate your bank account information|
|10||Review pre-filled information for accuracy|
|11||Confirm and validate the information|
|12||Check the returns and transmit a physical copy to ITD|
Details Of Due Date To File ITR Online
Your Deadline To File Your Individual Tax Return (ITR) Is Getting Closer And Closer. You Only Have Until July 31 Of The Assessment Year To Get Your Paperwork In Order.
But Wait, It’s Not A Deadline For Everyone. The Deadline To File An ITR For Taxpayers Whose Accounts Are Being Audited Is October 31.
Details To Check File ITR Status
To Check The Status Of An Income Tax efiling Using The Acknowledgement Number, Follow The Steps Below:
|1||Go to the ITD’s official website at https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.|
|2||Select the ‘Income Tax Return (ITR) Status’ option.|
|3||Enter the PAN, acknowledgement number, and captcha code, then click the ‘Submit’ button.|
|4||The Status would be displayed on the screen as a result.|
Details Of Penalty For Late Filing ITR Online
The Central Board Of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Charges A Penalty If You Don’t File Your ITR By The Due Date. A Late e-Filing Can Cost You Up To Rs.10,000.
Section 234f Says That The Punishment Has To Be Given.
Details Of Benefits For Filing ITR Online
The Indian Government Has Made E-Filing Of Income Tax Returns Mandatory. The Method Is Far Less Complicated Than The Previous Paper Filing Procedure.
The Following Are The Advantages Of Filing Income Taxes Digitally:
- Deadline For e-Filing Income Tax Returns Is July 31st Every Year.
- Filing Early (One To Two Months Before The Deadline) Can Reduce Congestion And Make The Process Quicker.
- Online Filing Provides A More Effective Record Of Financial Interactions With The Income Tax Department.
- Filing Late May Result In Penal Interest For Each Extra Day Until Payment Is Made.
- Early Filing Saves From Incurring Additional Fees.
How can I File ITR online by myself?
To file returns online, go to the Income Tax Department’s website (www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in). Register with your PAN (Permanent Account Number), which will serve as your user ID. Go to e-filing under the relevant assessment year and select the appropriate Income Tax Return (ITR) form under ‘Download’.
Can I File my ITR myself without CA?
Yes, a person may file his ITR without the aid of a CPA, as the Income Tax Act of 1961 does not stipulate that the assistance of a CPA is essential for filing an ITR.
|Tax Department’s E-Filing Site||Click Here|
|Recent Alerts & Updates (Rau)||Click Here|